The client invokes an image of automobile finesse, top-notch quality, and outstanding performance. Prescient Technologies has collaborated with their design unit, which is responsible for maintaining automobiles' integrity, workability, and aerodynamic ethic to ensure the continued deliverance of world-class standards.
The client wanted to develop a low-level, highly complex mathematical algorithm that fits the surface through the points, with the original surface as a reference.
- Quadratic programming and finite element-based approach
- The styling pattern must flow smoothly through multiple components made of different material
- There is no ready solution to automatically fit the die surfaces from the original styling design by applying for the springback compensation. As of today, the engineers iteratively fit the surface. Automating this iterative approach is difficult since engineers make the adjustments by visually checking it against the original styling design reference.
Prescient Technologies leveraged a deep understanding of curve & surface models and complex mathematics behind curve/surface fitting through a set of points. After analyzing the problem, Prescient defined the approach of quadratic programming-based optimization. The approach was implemented on select sample panels and then piloted on multiple panels of a particular car model. The results were verified with expert engineers from styling & die-design. After confirming the results, we implemented the complete solution as a plug-in to the CAD tool used for die design. The plug-in imports the compensation points from CAE and fits the surfaces through these points, using the original surfaces as a reference. It ensures that the newly fitted surfaces match the topology of the original styled surfaces.
- The time to define the die surfaces was reduced from four weeks to one week.
- Newly created die surfaces closely resemble the original style design – eliminating any corrective iteration.
- It eliminates the need for manufacturing engineers to master the styling.
- A predictable process with predictable output
Allow us to help you!!
Prescient Technologies does not share or disclose your information to third parties. We value your privacy.